Python Found In Bed With Baby
Recently, a couple in Illinois were shocked to find a snake in the bed with their baby boy.
WHen the worried father turned on the light, he found a 2-foot-long python wrapped around his baby’s foot.
“When I felt it it was slimy and I knew that wasn’t normal,” said Devan Winans the boys father. “When it turned on the light, I saw a python wrapped around his foot constricting, trying to eat his foot.”
It did not severely injur the child however, the baby did suffer a bite and a few bruises and scratches.
The building the couple lives in is a actually a ‘pet free zone’, which made this discovery even more shocking.
They recovered their child by removing the snake with a blanket, then the snake was taken to the nearest animal shelter.
1 year old Will Lacey is okay and his parents are relieved that he is, it could have been much worst.
“I’m so thankful he’s ok,” Winans said.
“We’re still practicing walking on his hurt foot, but it could have been a lot worse if he wrapped around his chest and we probably wouldn’t be having his first birthday today.”